Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lost Causes

The Apostle Paul was a “lost cause.” He was a murderer and persecutor of Christians. Peter was a “lost cause.” He failed in so many ways St. Augustine was a “lost cause.” Augustine was a party boy and lost in his sin. . I was a “lost cause.”I gave into so many idols in my life and I too have failed God so many times. Luckily for us, Jesus doesn’t believe ANYONE is a lost cause. Thank you God for not giving up on the lost causes. Help me not to give up on the people we seem to deem “lost causes.” NO ONE is a lost cause for NOTHING is impossible for God.

Sometimes, probably rarely (unfortunately,) you feel like you can’t hold back the gospel in your heart. I wish my whole life was like that. No, I want my whole life to be like that. I want my whole life to be a living example of the good news of Jesus Christ. After all, this is what it means to be Christian. I want my life to be an example to the lost causes. I want the cynics to see how I have doubted and come to terms with my faith. I want the atheists to see my God in their own way. I want homosexuals to see the love of a Christian and of Christ without the bitterness of judgment. I want the kids I work with to see God as a loving Father. I want to desire to spread God’s love. That desire in me is too weak for my liking. I want it more. I want to give it away, instead of carrying it selfishly inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment